How To Check The Quality Of Garments
Section wise Garments Quality Check Points
- Cutting quality Check Points
- Sewing Quality Check Points
- Washing Quality Check Points
- Finishing Quality Check Points
Garments Quality Check Points and their Checking Criteria
Here given section wise quality checkpoint description for your better understanding as mentioned every work of garments quality control department.
Cutting Process Quality Check Point
- Fabric upside down: Make sure the fabric is not upside down.
- Fabric Skewing: A maximum skewing of 2 cm for the chest of 60 cm is acceptable, but not more. This defect can be solved by re-setting of the fabric at the fabric mill.
- Relaxation: Before cutting, knitted, elasticized woven fabrics should be suitably relaxed for around 12~24 hours or more, depending on the type of fabric. Relaxation is mandatory for stretch fabrics.
- The height of cutting pile: The higher the pile on the cutting table, the more chance the cut pieces are unequal in size. This can lead to size specification & fitting problems. Make sure the height is suitable for the type of fabric (usually 2~3 inches and never more than 5 inches).
- Numbering and bundling: Make sure the different parts are properly numbered to avoid shading and that this numbering can be easily removed after sewing is complete.
- Storing: Make sure the different parts are properly stored, for example, rolled, and not folded.
Sewing Process Quality Check Point
- Critical operations: Check all critical operations repeatedly (like the sewing of the neck- seam, armhole, cuff, placket etc.), so the operator gets the clear input of what is required and how to make it correctly before large quantities of garments are finished.
- Attaching label should be correct as per the size of 100% garments
- Checking bonding strength of interlining in the fusing process.
- Seam allowance: check operators repeatedly on this point to make sure they use the correct seam allowance.
- Numbering: Make sure the sewing operatives keep parts with the same number together to avoid shading.
- Confirm Garments styling construction and measurement is correct as per approved sample.